Elevation labelling issue

Problems, issues, and concerns... Oh my!
Not for "I don't know how", but for "Revit says this but doesn't do it..."

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Andrew Munoz, simonwhnz

Elevation labelling issue

Postby BINET » 20 Jan 2011, 13:15

When i am producing internal elevations of bathrooms etc i place an elevation mark in the room and activate all the points to get my 4 elevations. The elevations appear on my browser with names like "Elevation a" etc. I place these elevations on a sheet and a number appears on the elevation mark in the floor plan view ie 2, 3, 4, 5. Which is tottally irellivant to the name automatically generated for that view. I have to go around and manually change the elevation names to "Elevation 2" "Elevation 3" etc. Can the elevation mark and elevation name be automatically syncranised?
BINET

Company: Binet Homes
When did you start to use Revit?: v5.5 2003

Re: Elevation labelling issue

Postby Wesley » 28 Feb 2011, 15:27

Hey mate,
No easy answer to this that I know of, unfortunately. However, the number in the circle that you are referring to is relative to the order in which they are placed on the sheet. Therefore, you can circumvent SOME of the manual work by figuring out the circle numbers you want and then placing views in sequence to match those numbers. This usually means you might only have to change a couple of the references, not all of them.
Cheers, Wes
--------------------------------------------------
"the sooner you fall behind...
... the more time you have to catch up"
Wesley
Founder
Founder

Company: BD Group
When did you start to use Revit?: v0.2 2000

Return to Buglist