Unrequested Duplication of Views or Local Files

Problems, issues, and concerns... Oh my!
Not for "I don't know how", but for "Revit says this but doesn't do it..."

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Andrew Munoz, simonwhnz

Unrequested Duplication of Views or Local Files

Postby Roberto Pachon » 04 Mar 2008, 16:37

Revit Architecture 2008 - 20071109_2345 creates a lot of confusion by Duplicating a View, without user intervention, and leaving both views with exactly the same name as shown in the attached file.

Revit has also opened before a concurrent second copy of a Local File, without user intervention, with both files showing exactly the same name. Pretty confusing. It was hard to assess what changes were made to which file and you don't know which one to ditch.
Attachments
Revit 2008 BUG.doc
(240.5 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Roberto Pachon
B.Arch MDesSc (Comp)
Roberto Pachon

Company: Lateral Estate
When did you start to use Revit?: v5.1 2003

Doubling up...

Postby J S Shelton » 13 Mar 2008, 02:00

Isn't the doubling up just opening the sheet twice? Is it duplicated in the browser?

Every local file is a "live" copy and still has to be saved back to the master file for synchronising no matter what it is called?
J S Shelton

Postby Roberto Pachon » 13 Mar 2008, 12:06

The duplication is because I ended up with two windows showing the same view with exactltly the same name.
I didn't check the browser for the duplicated view name because I was busy working out what bits I had changed in each view to try to reconcile them in only one before ditching the other.
Normally, you can't open a view twice.

The duplication of the local file is because I ended up with two Revit sessions showing the same local file with exactly the same name.
The problems were similar to the above mentioned but this time I had to check more sheets.
Roberto Pachon
B.Arch MDesSc (Comp)
Roberto Pachon

Company: Lateral Estate
When did you start to use Revit?: v5.1 2003

Return to Buglist