Hard to Relinquish All Mine

Problems, issues, and concerns... Oh my!
Not for "I don't know how", but for "Revit says this but doesn't do it..."

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Andrew Munoz, simonwhnz

Hard to Relinquish All Mine

Postby Roberto Pachon » 07 Jun 2007, 12:36

What's wrong with Relinquish All Mine?

Someone creates a local copy, explores the project, print some drawings, etc and go to Relinquish All Mine.
You get: "You have made changes. Either Save to Central or discard local, re-open Central, and Relinquish All Mine again."

You hit Close to discard the local file as instructed only to get:
Save to Central to publish your changes, Relinquish to make all worsets and elements non-editable; changed elements will be kept as borrowed.
- Save to Central... - Don't Relinquish - Cancel -

But you DON"T want to do any of the three options. You want to DISCARD changes and RELINQUISH all!!!
The only way out is to click Don't Relinquish which is the opposite of what you want to do.

Anyway, you follow the instructions and open the central file and proceed immediately to Relinquish All Mine just to face the prompt: "
You have made changes. Either Save to Central or discard local, re-open Central, and Relinquish All Mine again."

And there you go into the loop: "You have made changes. Save to Central etc... changed elements will be kept as borrowed". Ahhh?

Wouldn't it be easier to allow people to access the central file and save a local copy as a "Guest" so they can play with it without taking ownership of anything they touch? They could still Reload latest if they wanted but it wouldn't be essential as it is now.
Roberto Pachon
B.Arch MDesSc (Comp)
Roberto Pachon

Company: Lateral Estate
When did you start to use Revit?: v5.1 2003

Return to Buglist