True North and 3D elevation shortcuts don't work together

Tools / methods you would like to see in Revit, especially those specific to local conditions

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Andrew Munoz, simonwhnz

True North and 3D elevation shortcuts don't work together

Postby Roberto Pachon » 17 Jul 2007, 14:12

I have a shortcut for each of the elevations in 3D. ie. "ea" will rotate the 3D model and give me the east elevation. Very handy and works well.

Well, until you rotate your project to True North and rename the elevations to match the new orientation.

I type "we" and instead of getting the new west elevation, I get the elevation that used to be called west before rotating the project to True North. So, now I type "no" for north and get east instead!!

I am not even sure that this issue can be classifised as a bug but it's certainly not what you expect.

Actually what I'd expect, ideally, is the elevations to be automatically renamed accordingly when you rotate to True North. And, at least, the shortcuts to honour the new elevation name.
Roberto Pachon
B.Arch MDesSc (Comp)
Roberto Pachon
Company: Lateral Estate
When did you start to use Revit?: v5.1 2003

Postby D'zinner » 17 Jul 2007, 16:00

Your right this is more of a wishlist item than a bug.

I Think Revit should loose that whole Project North, True North system, and be replaced with simpler, intelligent north point symbol, Where the user just has to rotate north point to correct bearing, and revit could then take info and name elevations and other views automaticly.
It would help Autodesk to solve your problem Robo, & make revit more user freindly.

'Only when the last tree has withered,
the last fish has been caught,
and the last river has been poisoned,
will you realize you cannot eat money.'
Native American proverb

Return to Wishlist