64 bit floating point accuracy

Tools / methods you would like to see in Revit, especially those specific to local conditions

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Andrew Munoz, simonwhnz

64 bit floating point accuracy

Postby David Howe » 14 Sep 2006, 10:42

Autocad has it, why doesn't Revit?

This is a must have for anyone working with clients (Govt, SACL, etc) who require projects to be located in MGA coordinates.

Most surveys and GIS information are in MGA format. All of the large projects I've worked on in recent years have been set up to MGA, often as a client requirement. All of the construction documentation at my current office is to MGA coordinates.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO REFERENCE AN AUTOCAD FILE OR EXPORT A REVIT FILE WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!

It would also be nice if the True North function worked the right way round ie where True North is fixed and Project North is rotated from TN.
David Howe

Company: Edge Condition
When did you start to use Revit?: v3.1 2001

Rotate True North

Postby chrisneedham » 13 May 2008, 18:46

I realise the original message was posted some time ago, but for the sake of reference for other users, please see this link for response to Revit's problems with large distances from origin...
http://www.rugsyd.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254

Also, note that Rotate Project North is now a feature of Revit 2009 - which is precisely what I think you were after, David?
Regards,

Chris Needham
C3 Consulting Solutions
www.c3consulting.com.au

REVIC Chairperson
www.revic.org.au
chrisneedham

Return to Wishlist