The Virtues of a Second Screen

News, reviews, and other third party information on issues relevant to Revit Users

Moderators: Tim Waldock, Dave, Gary Young

The Virtues of a Second Screen

Postby Admin » 21 Apr 2006, 18:50

By IVAN BERGER
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/20/technology/20basics.html?_r=1&8cir&emc=cir&oref=slogin

>Once I saw how using two computer monitors improved my productivity, I was an instant convert.<
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dual screen setup

Postby Wesley » 21 Apr 2006, 18:54

This was of interest to me as we have all of our machines setup with two screens (although I now run three). Interestingly Revit 9 is a bit more dual screen friendly than previous versions, although what I really want is the ability to keep the element properties and view properties dialogues open permanently on a different screen to the drawing window.

Wes
--------------------------------------------------
"the sooner you fall behind...
... the more time you have to catch up"
Wesley
Founder
Founder

Company: BD Group
When did you start to use Revit?: v0.2 2000

dual screens

Postby Michael Juda » 02 May 2006, 08:45

I have heard of a program that is used to split the screens, i did have the name of it (but lost in in the filing system) will have to speak to one of the Building designers in Sydney. He uses it on Vector Works or ArchiCad for the dual screen as those programs don't support dual screen either. I should have this one week after the next user group, i will give it a test run before posting it.

Unless it jumps out of the pile and bites me!
Michael Juda

Dual screen setup

Postby Wesley » 02 May 2006, 10:20

Not sure about ArchiCad, but Vectorworks does support dual-screen systems. I used it for 10 years or so before switching to Revit. Best of all was the ability to have tool palettes, element properties dialogues and the like all open permannetly on the second screen.

Wes
--------------------------------------------------
"the sooner you fall behind...
... the more time you have to catch up"
Wesley
Founder
Founder

Company: BD Group
When did you start to use Revit?: v0.2 2000

Return to Articles - General