batch DWF

For Revit users

Moderators: Tim Waldock, monumentum, Toby Maple

batch DWF

Postby Gary Young » 06 Jun 2006, 22:53

Does anyone know if it is possible to batch or create a binder of DWF files once they are already created as individual files.
Gary Young

Batch DWF

Postby Wesley » 06 Jul 2006, 01:48

Gary,

You can do this using DWF Composer (recently renamed to Autodesk Design Review). This allows you to create multi-page files, annotate and markup files. Shoud give you everything you need.

Regards,
Wesley
--------------------------------------------------
"the sooner you fall behind...
... the more time you have to catch up"
Wesley
Founder
Founder

Company: BD Group
When did you start to use Revit?: v0.2 2000

Postby Gary Young » 06 Jul 2006, 21:45

Thanks Wes,

We don't have composer yet. The reason I asked was because I saved about 50 drawings to dwf as seperate files then wanted to upload them all to a project web site and realised I should have exported as one file. Anyway the saviour was that we zipped the files and uploeaded OK.
On the same subject, I've found that exporting multiple drawings to one DWF file then printing to PDF saves having to name each PDF as you have to when printing directly from revit. I know it could be easier to ask others to download the DWF reader but a short stepping stone for now.
Gary Young

Postby corinoco » 11 Jul 2006, 11:55

I keep trying to get people to use DWF rather than PDF, but I find people are a bit reluctant to install yet another Autodesk app. :roll:

DWF files are much smaller than equivalent PDF files, which is what I like about them.

I really hope MS is going to have DWF support in Vista! (It isn't in the latest Beta of Vista, unfortunately :cry: )
Adrian Esdaile
Master of the BAN-HAMMER!
Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and Other Professional Thinking Persons
Sector ZZ9-Plural-Z-Alpha Division

Why not visit the Early Ediacaran on your next holiday? FREE MATRESSES!
corinoco

Company: Woolworths Limited
When did you start to use Revit?: v4.1 2002

Return to General Discussion