Revit Family Modeling eBook

For Revit users

Moderators: Tim Waldock, monumentum, Toby Maple

Revit Family Modeling eBook

Postby michaelLDC » 17 Jul 2012, 17:30

To my colleagues at this site, I am pleased to announce the release of my new eBook today:

Creating Custom Revit Architecture 2012 Families
A Practical Guide for Beginners and Intermediate Users

You can download the PDF information containing the full table of contents, Foreword by Steve Stafford, and sample images from this link:

http://www.littledetailscount.com/docum ... kpromo.pdf

For most of you Revit users, I believe this is the family book you've been waiting for. I don't think you'll find a Revit book that explains how things are really done in an actual work environment. This eBook addresses that shortcoming. If you've ever wondered how I created the families at my website, it's covered in this eBook. Techniques for creating simple to complex families are explained in-depth, including parameters, materials, tracing images, etc. The price of the eBook includes a free update to the 2013 version. The eBook is 751 pages long with 16 chapters and over 2000 images. You have nothing to lose by downloading the PDF above.

Michael Anonuevo
Certified Autodesk Revit Architecture Professional
http://www.littledetailscount.com
michaelLDC
Quiet member

Company: Little Details Count
When did you start to use Revit?: v9.0 2006

Re: Revit Family Modeling eBook

Postby joelsculley » 24 Jul 2012, 00:16

Well, I am up to about p250, so still going on the commands and the differences from the project environment. I find I am bookmarking all the time, as I often find something that I didn't know. Love those 'wow, that's how you do it' moments. I have always had niggly questions about the family editor, like why it has only a sparse materials list out of the box, but I am hoping to solve all those niggles in the next 500 pages!
I had a silly problem during my download, (finger trouble my end during secure transactions) and Michael was on the case and quickly and efficiently solved it for me.
joelsculley
Quiet member

When did you start to use Revit?: v0.1 1999

Re: Revit Family Modeling eBook

Postby Tangiey » 09 May 2013, 13:05

This is what I’m searching for. My father is not good at using computers while I can’t do architecture very well unlike him, so having this eBook deal would help us a lot. Thanks for sharing this great eBook.
Tangiey
Quiet member

Company: n/a
When did you start to use Revit?: Not a Revit user

Return to General Discussion