Scheduling Curtain Walls as Windows

Central location for tips developed in other areas in the forums, or gleaned from other sources

Moderator: Tim Waldock

Scheduling Curtain Walls as Windows

Postby pholzberger » 28 Apr 2009, 19:17

Hi to all!
I'm looking for a way of scheduling curtain walls as windows.
In our documentation we need to schedule shopfronts with other windows for the purposes of Part J compliance, pricing, fabrication, etc. In the past I've used a separate Curtain Wall schedule to differentiate the shopfronts from the other windows. Now we have a multi-unit residential project with some curtain walling and would like to incorporate them into a window schedule.
I've tried using a multi-category schedule and setting up shared instance parameters for the windows and curtain walls, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Does anyone have a better method?
PH
pholzberger

Re: Scheduling Curtain Walls as Windows

Postby Toby Maple » 12 May 2009, 09:05

I think you are using an old curtain panel family. In the family go to setttings > object styles if it says curtain panels it's an old one. In 2008 Autodesk created 2 new panel families (don't worry they didn't tell you or the rest of the world) door and window curtain panel template .rft's. You will need to recreate your current panel using these templates. Once done load into project and swap the old ones out. Magic they will appear in you window schedule without having to do all the workarounds of yesteryear. Note the object syles in these templates.
Toby Maple
-------------
Revit Users Group Sydney
Chairman
Toby Maple

Company: HASSELL
When did you start to use Revit?: v4.1 2002

Postby pholzberger » 12 May 2009, 10:30

Thanks Toby, I'll give that a shot.
pholzberger

Postby pholzberger » 12 May 2009, 11:30

Toby, I tried your method, but I can't find a template for the Curtain Panel that doesn't have Curtain Panel as the Object Style, even in RAC2010. Could this be a factor of using the metric ENU's to extract template files and families? Should I go to the Imperial ENU's?
pholzberger

Postby pholzberger » 13 May 2009, 11:23

Sorry again Toby. I've found it - I should have looked for a Window template file and not a Curtain Panel Template File
pholzberger

Postby chiben16 » 12 Apr 2010, 16:09

Thanks Toby, I'll give that a shot.

:D
chiben16

Return to Tips and Tricks