On the project configuration dialog, go to the Numbering Format tab – this controls how drawing sheet numbers are handled.
The list on the left hand side is for all components that might make up a drawing number. For example, you can use each prefix for such things as Discipline (eg “A” for architectural), Zone (eg “TE” for Tower East, area of the building) etc. If you start a new project from scratch, the only field that will be predefined will be “Number” – this is the numerical part of your drawing numbering system. Your drawing numbering could be simple (eg A-101), in which case you only need to define one prefix; or complex where you could define up to 10 prefixes and 5 suffixes (eg A-CD-03G-TE-101-GH).
To define each prefix:
· Click on the name (NB. You might want to not use the first one in case you ever need to add another prefix at the start)
· Click on ;
· Select the name and overtype with the description you want eg. Discipline. This will change the value in the list to the left, but RTV will still record it as the original name eg “Prefix2” ;
· Adjust the maximum character length ;
· Set the character to separate each prefix ;
· If you want to limit the prefix to set values, tick - you will then need to fill in the lookup table to the right (see below);
· - tick if prefix is optional?
· - tick if you do not want this prefix/suffix to be part of the Revit sheet number, but still recorded in Drawing Manager – refer Parallel Numbering;
· You will see a preview of the sheet number format in the lower part of the dialog box, as you add each prefix.
To define Number:
Click on the Number field – this is
predefined, so you can only control whether you want leading zeros in sheet
numbers – eg. 1 to be 001. Click the radio buttons to decide how
To define each suffix:
· The five suffixes operate in the same way as the prefixes, except that they go after the number field.
If you tick ,
then you need to define the list of allowable entries for that prefix –
this will initially be blank.
· With the prefix selected, you need to click on ;
· The cursor will move to the box at the top left of the list;
· Type in the value you require, and a description for your own reference;
· click on again for the next one (if required);
· Click on if you want to copy a list from another project;
· Use the up and down arrows to manage the list order;
· Use the Delete button to remove entries. NB. If you delete a prefix that has already been used, it does not affect those sheets – only new ones.
- keep this ticked if you want new sheet numbers to be automatically numbered from the previous one.